General Formatting Instructions (Applies to all clients)
1) Standard resume must consist of the following parts.
· Skill Matrix
· Education: H1 candidates prefer not to include this section to avoid their origin and identify. But, we must ask them to include their education background.
· Chronological order of his/her employment/employers.
3) Page Layout: Follow these guidelines.
· If wider resume is needed, shorten the right side as needed.
· If longer/taller resume is needed, shorten the bottom as needed.
4) Fonts: Follow these guidelines.
· Candidate Name: Left Align, Size 16, Bold
· Headings : “ Skills”
· Client and Location: size 11 pt., Underlined, Bold
· Year: Right most : “Aug ’04 – Jun ’05”
· Spacing: Line Spacing: Single. Before line and After line 0 Point.
5) Indentation: Must be consistent through out resume.
6) View: Zoom must be set to 100% when saving/reviewing the resume. Less or greater than 100% is not desirable.
· The apostrophe “s” is used as follow.
§ For singular word, consultant’s.
§ For plural word, consultants’ (there should not two “s”)
8) Two blank lines before every new job in experience section.
9) Full Point after every sentence.
10) No Full Point after skills, education and certification, state, position and Project.
11) For Peopleclick, highlight the required skills with Yellow color.
12) Skills’ logo on the top right in Name’s line.
13) Education and certifications: Always at the bottom most.
14) There are fifty states in US. The state name must be in two capital letters (e.g. PA).
15) An abbreviated word (Phila. from
16) Use page break as needed. The next page of resume should not start with the last line of previous section.
17) A single page of resume should not include only few lines. Make sure any page of resume is at least a half page.
18) READ – READ – READ Check the resume for spelling, grammar, and sentences. DO NOT stop after one page. Grammar mistakes will damage our reputation and image.
19) Employment Section: It is very important that this section contains consistent information regarding each employer. The Employment section of a candidate must follow one of following formats.
· Paragraph Format: If Paragraph Format is used for one employer, make sure that the Paragraph Format is used for all employers.
· Bulleted Format: If Bulleted Format is used to describe the project, make sure that the Bulleted Format is used for all employers.
· Mix and Match: This format is desirable. This format consists of description and bullets.
When submitting a candidate to these clients, a resume must contain the following.
1) Contact Details: The contact details should be the person’s details submitting the candidate. As of now, the following is the list.
Title: Candidate’ Name (Must contain First and Last names)
Author: Recruiter (see below)
Company: ABCD nfo
Comments: Recruiter’s name
Hyperlink Base: e-mail id of the recruiter
Below is the example
a) Brian Adams
Tel: (111) 111-1111
2) Logos’ Details: The company specific logo should be used with these consideration.
Logo’s layout should be “in front of text”.
Logo must be used on the right side of first page only. NO OTHER PAGES should contain logo and contact details.
3) Candidata Details: The candidate details should be under Logo on the left side of the resume. The details should contain the following information.
a) Candidate Name: First, Middle, Last
b) Candidate Email
c) Telephone Numbers